Wednesday, February 23, 2011

KMEA

I love the end of February.  It is the only time that they let all of us crazy music teachers congregate in one spot.  I love going to KMEA, the concerts, the clinic sessions, the networking, seeing old friends, getting recharged to finish up the rest of the school year, there is nothing better.

Tomorrow night, the Dallas Brass will be performing at the President's Concert.  Friday afternoon I will get to see a former student perform in the Kansas Intercollegiate Band.  Also, good luck to my teacher's aide who will be performing as part of the 1-4A State Band on Saturday!

Back in the old days I used to drive an hour each way from my parents house to Wichita for KMEA.  The first year that I stayed at the Hyatt, I got spoiled.  Its connected to Century II, I don't have to go outside if I don't want to which is sounding like a pretty good deal with the weather forecast this weekend. 

There have been some crazy times at KMEA.  Most of them seems to involve the guys from the local music store or my old band guys.  Now when I say my old band guys, only one of them is actually my old band guy.  The other one is one of his bestest buds and they really are a hoot to hang out with.  There have been many late nights at the Broadview shooting the breeze, talking shop.  With the Broadview closed this year, I'm not sure where we will hang but I'm sure we'll figure something out!

24 days!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment