Sunday, May 1, 2011

Another week down

It is now officially May.  April was such a strange month, hot, cold, wind, rain, clouds, and gloomy.  Here is to hoping May is a bit more pleasant.

Today I got to make another trip to the Motherhouse in Concordia.  The Sisters hosted a community recital.  On today's program were a trumpet soloist who will be moving on to Fort Hays State, a clarinet quartet called the Licorice Sticks (which I got to play with today in the absence of one of the regular members), a tuba soloist who will be attending KU next year, the piano teacher from Cloud, and a former student who is absolutely amazing on the classical guitar.  Such a talented group of musicians and a great little place to perform!!

Yesterday I spent part of the day working on our playground project.  Seeing an entire playground go up in a matter of days was pretty amazing.  So many people contributed their time and money to make this playground happen.  I was especially happy to find out that there were some music type activities included in the playground.  I am anxious to hear what the kids think of it.

This next week will mark the start of Ladies Golf.  I have greatly missed my "summer friends" and I am really looking forward to getting back out on the course.  I haven't swung a club yet this year so Thursday night could be interesting!

This week is also That's Entertainment.  This will be the first show that I will actually get to watch.  I have always helped with running lights or being the stage manager so just sitting and watching will be a little odd.  I am looking forward to seeing some of my "kids" singing and dancing their hearts out. 

Oh, and did I mention?????  19 days of school left!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment