Thanks to the return of Mrs. Hays to the blog-o-sphere I finally have a topic to write about! I did miss you Mrs. Hays even though I see you almost on a daily basis..........
1. Do you think you're more like your mom or your dad? While I admit I have some of my mom's tendencies at times, I strive to be like my dad. No one can make me laugh like he can and no one really gets most of my jokes like he does. He always comes through for me (which is why when I call him at 9:45 at night he will agree to bring me his pickup the next morning). My favorite time of the year is when I get to go for wheat harvest and drive truck and hang out with my dad and my uncle. To some people being hot and sweaty and dusty would be torture, but it is heaven to me!
2. Do you like roller coasters? I didn't used to..........but I have to say now that I am older, I am a definite fan. Granted I haven't been on anything nastier than what they have at Worlds of Fun but I would love to try out some others.
3. How did you name your blog and do you now wish you'd thought about it maybe another five minutes before you hit publish? Would you change your blog title if it were not a huge pain in the derriere? (French makes everything sound a little nicer doesn't it?) One of my favorite Garth Brooks songs is "Against the Grain" and since Grains was one of my monikers in high school it seemed like a pretty good choice.
4. What is the best wedding gift you received? Not married? Didn't get any gifts? Then what is the best wedding gift you've given? This year we will celebrate our 13th anniversary (and yes I did have to think about it). I have to admit there are still some wedding presents packed away in the one untouched room in our house. I think its mostly casserole things and other glass stuff because quite honestly I thought I would have broken a lot more of it than I actually have.
5. What is the one bill you most hate to pay? The mortgage.......only because I know it isn't going away for a very long time. Most things you pay off after a while, not so much with the mortgage. And my own personal rant, I hate those shows on HGTV where they are deciding which remodel job got the most bang for their buck. The show I watched the other day was a great room renovation and these 3 couples spent more money remodeling one room than what I have spent on my entire house!!! Does $150,000 for one room seem ridiculous to anyone else??????
6. Is the glass half full or half empty? At this time last year, it wasn't half empty it was just plain empty. I am trying to be a more of a glass half full person. Thank goodness I have some great positive friends!
7. What is your favorite word? Okay okay. Calm down. How about one of your favorite words? While I do enjoy the word zesty, my most favorite word would have to be ONOMATOPOEIA. It is fun to say and I have a great story to go with it. After a basketball road trip to a local school, I noticed that in their restroom stalls they had state assessment related questions. After checking out the social studies, science, and math stalls, I settled into the language arts stall and oddly enough the question was about onomatopoeia (ironic for a bathroom, isn't it?) After sharing this information with my players, I had my whole team of 7th grade boys convinced that the stall would lock and would not let you leave until you correctly answered the question correctly. They were all kind of scared to go to the bathroom after that because they didn't want to be locked in the bathroom trying to solve a math problem during the game.
8. For this last one, we are supposed to place our own random thought here. Here's mine: If a man is in the forest and there is no one there to hear him, is he still wrong???