Sunday, September 12, 2010

hmm.....what to blog about.....

Well, I suppose I could tell you about my weekend.  Friday night started off with a trip to Peabody Kansas.  I have some fond and not so fond memories of Peabody.  I remember their poor little cheerleaders when I was in junior high chanting PMS on the sidelines.  They changed their name to Peabody Junior High not too long after that.  I remember playing basketball in their little gym with the sidelines at the walls and the spectators up in the balconies.  Kind of a fun place to play except I went diving for a ball out of bounds in one of the corners and went rolling down a spiral staircase for my trouble.  And then there was our freshman basketball tournament where we ended the championship game 3 on 4 because everyone else had fouled out.  We won by the way, I still have the medal. 

Saturday was laundry day.  I don't enjoy doing laundry but it is better than cleaning the dishes and cooking which is the deal we have worked out in our house.  I did however, get to watch Back to the Future one and two, Snow White, and Aladdin in the process.

Then there was Sunday.  I took the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers to the bugs and the tar on my pickup.  Two and a half erasers later I was finally ready to head to the carwash.  After I got the truck back into presentable condition, I swept out the garage and we cleaned all the leaves and twigs off the back patio.  I went to school for a while to work on lesson plans for the week and showed the hubby my cool Interwrite Board, which I absolutely love!!!  The rest of the day pretty much consisted of "The Dukes of Hazzard" on CMT.  I loved that show when I was a kid.  I still like watching it but I have my dad's habit of dissecting shows and pointing out all the things that could never possibly happen. 

This week will include a visit to the Kansas State Fair.  I usually love going to the fair and I could spend all day there.  Unfortunately, this will be a pretty quick trip that will require me leaving before 5:00 am.  At least I can sleep on the bus!

No comments:

Post a Comment