Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Student of a Student

Tonight was my school's Open House.  Things got pretty intense in the music shack for a while. It was great to have so many kids and parents come out to see the room (even though there may have been some bribery involved). 

A few years ago I had a former student show up at 5th Grade Band Night.  I still remember seeing him coming down the hall grinning at me.  He was there with his two 5th grade step sons.   He then continued to torment me for the rest of the year showing up at parent/teacher conferences and every concert.  While this made me feel slightly old,  I reminded myself that these were not HIS kids.

Tonight, in walks one of my former students with her kindergarten daughter.  Yikes!!!  I guess this is it, I am now one of those teachers.  Luckily, I am so tired that I don't really have the energy to think about it right now. 

All elementary teachers deserve a reserved spot in heaven.........to quote Mrs. Hays........just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment