Saturday, April 2, 2011

Beautiful Day at the K

Since I missed Opening Day, today was my first game of the new season.  The weather was absolutely perfect.  The Royals beat the Angels and have a winning record (something that has not happened for quite a while).

We hit the stadium store and got some good deals on Greinke and DeJesus shirts as well as Greinke and Gordon bobbleheads.  One can never have enough bobbleheads.  They also had buy one hat get one 30% off so we each came home with new caps. 

After the Royals posted a win, they had their Futures Game where the Omaha Stormchasers played the Northwest Arkansas Naturals.  I am still not used to the name change for Omaha.  They are still the Omaha Royals to me.  We got kicked out of the upper deck so we sat in a couple of different spots since the stadium was less crowded.  We ended up sitting out in front of the fountains which was kind of cool.  The Futures Game was supposed to go 12 innings so all the pitchers could get some work in but after 16 innings of baseball I was having trouble focusing and honestly I think I dozed off a couple of times. 

The only thing better than a great day at the ballpark is a great day at the golf course.  I'm hoping for one of those to happen pretty soon as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment