Monday, May 16, 2011

Hitting the books

I, for one, have been thankful for the less than May-like weather the last week or so.  It has made it so much easier to stay inside and work on getting the class ready that I am going to start teaching for Cloud County Community College.  I will be teaching online Music Appreciation starting this summer.  Music Appreciation seems like an odd thing to teach online because there is not way to ensure that students are actually listening to the musical examples provided in the book.  I am trying to put checkpoints along the way to make sure that they have to talk about what they heard in the music.  I am debating about doing some drop the needle tests (which as a music major I hated) but some of the listening examples are so obscure and it is incredibly easy to cheat these days thanks to programs like Sound Hound.

The weather is supposed to warm up and I figure I am around the halfway point with the class.  I would gladly take a few more unseasonably cool days between now and June just so I can wrap things up with the class and still make it to the golf course every once in a while..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment