Sunday, June 19, 2011

Favorite Five

5.  Getting that phone call to let me know that my truck driving services will be needed.

4.  Pulling into the Co-op for the first time and getting my usual "KG Girl!!!" greeting.  That means harvest has officially begun.

3.  Sitting on the ladder of the truck watching the birds fly by.....

2.  This year's new twist, coming nose to nose with a bright yellow bi-plane that was spraying some pastures.  We popped up over the same hill at about the same time.  That's not something you see everyday!

1. Just sitting in the field.  I can read, I can listen to my iPod, or I can do nothing at all.  Nothing but the roar of the combines and the wind.

Now, my least favorite thing from this week was the 2.5 inches of rain, strong winds, and hail that hit after my first day here.  Most of the wheat is still looking okay, the corn, not so great in spots, and a lot of trees down.  We spent almost all Saturday afternoon picking up limbs at the farm and at Grandma's.

No comments:

Post a Comment