Saturday, July 23, 2011

Six Appeal



What is Six Appeal???  Six Appeal is an acapella group.  The core of the group met while attending Concordia College in Minnesota.  I have always loved acapella music.  I remember coming home from school to watch Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego on PBS.  It wasn't that I was hooked on geography, but because I loved the group Rockapella that sang on the show.  Since then, I have loved acapella music.

There is another reason why I like Six Appeal though.  See the guy in the picture in the glasses?  That is Michael Brookens from Marion.  Michael was just a little squirt when I was in high school.  His dad directed the church choir, his mom played the organ, and I believe Michael was in the group of little kids that I had convinced that with some simple tongue stretching exercises, they would be able to touch their nose with their tongue just like I could.

Six Appeal's music was just recently released on iTunes.  So, look them up and take a listen.  Michael does some of the arranging for the group and has also written some original songs.  Who knows, some day they may make it really big and I can say "I knew him when," and you can say you heard about them here first!!

No comments:

Post a Comment