Sunday, August 14, 2011

The End of Summer

It is 10:28 on the last night of summer.  Tomorrow we have inservice starting at 8:00 am.  I have spent most of the last two days working in my classroom.  There have been some folks that have been at school off and on all summer.  I know that a little bit of work here and there over the course of the summer will make my life easier this time of the year, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

So what have I accomplished this summer???  Did I finish painting the upstairs hallway?  No.  Did I get the upstairs hallway done?  No.  Did I do some hardcore cleaning around the house?  No.  Starting tomorrow I will be back into school mode so the chances of any of those things getting done before Christmas is slim to none.

I did learn how to play some guitar this summer.  I took kids to Kids College.  I did some physical activity although not enough to lose any weight.  I got a semi stuck in the mud.  The trees got trimmed, golf was played, played at a friend's wedding, went to a former student's wedding, started teaching an online class........okay, maybe I did accomplish something............

No comments:

Post a Comment