Sunday, September 4, 2011

Whew! We Made It!

The title for today's post is from "Going on a Lion Hunt," one of the new favorites of this year's Kindergarten classes.  If you are familiar with the bear hunt version, this is basically the same thing, the hunter just finds a lion at the end.  My favorite part is the very end where they say we went on a lion hunt and we weren't afraid.  There is always the one kid who shouts out "yes we were!!"

Labor Day weekend means that teachers and students have all survived the first couple weeks of school.  It also means that marching band season is underway, the fall sports season is in full swing, and that the end of the Royals season is in the not to far future.  We got to spend two great days at The K (well, once the rain finally stopped Saturday).  I love shorts and sweatshirt weather.  Today was in the mid-70s but a north wind made the air just a little chilly.  Sunny, yet cool, the best weather to watch a ball game in.

Labor Day weekend also means that one of the biggest grinds of the school year is ahead.  That long stretch from Labor Day until mid-October with no breaks and no days off.  Hopefully everyone is getting used to the routines and procedures by now and this stretch will be as painless as possible.  I am more than ready for band to start in Concordia.   Evidently, there have been some HVAC issues in the band room so they haven't even been able to really have classes in the band room yet.  I miss playing, I miss being around people more my own height, I miss talking about music on a higher level, I miss seeing my music friends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment