Monday, February 15, 2010

Dreams of Warmer Weather

This is Hi Corbett Field in Tucson, Arizona.  I took this picture on our Spring Training trip to Arizona last March.  This is where some of the movie "Major League" was filmed.  "Major League" is one of those movies that if it is on, the channel surfing stops and we watch.  They actually had a scene in that neither one of us had never seen, which is strange because we both thought that we had seen every watered-down, made okay for young TV viewer, versions ever made.  We were wrong.  Kudos to Comedy Central for the changed scene.

Today our upstairs washing machine got fixed.  Bless you Mr. Repairman, I honestly thought the poor thing was dead.  It is a stack unit that we bought used probably 9 or 10 years ago.  I will admit, I was getting excited at the prospect of getting a new energy/water efficient unit to go upstairs, not because I enjoy doing laundry, it is just the household chore with the least weird smells connected to it.  

So now that we have saved all this money not buying a new washer and dryer, hubby has his eyes set on warmer and sunnier climates.  "We could use all the money we just saved to go back to Arizona!"  While my bones ache with the toll winter has taken on them my cheaper, more logical side seems to be taking hold.  "No, we need to save that money to replace the flat roof so we don't have water dripping on what will hopefully be my newly finished hallway floor when it starts raining" (because we all know its coming, its Kansas for crying out loud).  

Then I look at the pictures from last Spring Break.  Orange trees.............
being so close to Mark Teahen I could almost reach out and touch him..........
and sun, lots and lots of sunshine.  Hmmm.....maybe the roof can wait..........

No comments:

Post a Comment