Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Random Dozen



 


1. Have you ever fired a gun or shot a bow and arrow?  Oh heck yes.  Shooting bow and arrow was one of the best parts of Girl Scout Camp.  My dad has let me shoot a couple of times although most of my gun time has been logged with a pellet gun shooting at snapping turtles in the pond.

2. Do you know where your childhood best friends are?  Lesley is in Greenville, Michel is still in Marion.

3. Do you usually arrive early, late, or on time? I am usually on time or a little early.

4. Are you more of a New York or California type?  hmmm....I'm gonna have to go with neither.  There are way too many people in both places for my taste.  If forced to choose one though it would probably be New York somewhere, up in the mountains where there are no earthquakes.

5. Do you have a special ring tone?  Yep, Garth Brooks' "Against the Grain"

6. What is your favorite type of chip?  I love potato chips, but they have to be the wavy kind.  If they are there, I will eat them which is why I very rarely ever buy them.

7. Best comedy you've ever seen is .... Probably either "Major League" or "Bull Durham"

8. Have you ever cut your own hair? To quote Dr. Phil, "How'd that work for ya?"  I try to avoid it at all costs.  I can't even cut a straight line!

9. If you were going to have an extreme makeover, would you rather it be about your house or your personal self?  Definitely the house just to get it done!!!

10. Are you allergic to anything?  Don't laugh but I think I am allergic to North Central Kansas, or at least something up here that is not down south.  I clear up as soon as I cross I-70.

11. Why is it so hard to change?  Change takes you out of your comfort zone.  It brings the unknown and the unexpected.  

12. One last question dedicated to February love: CS Lewis said, "To love is to be vulnerable." Please share one example of that assertion or share any thought you'd like to about this topic. This for me is the hardest part about being a teacher.  You put it out there for your students every day.  There are kids that are going to disappoint you and call you every name in the book and walk out the door.  Unfortunately, this has made me a bit gun shy when it comes to making an investment in a student.    No matter how many times I tell myself it was nothing personal, it is just their way of dealing with things because they have made themselves vulnerable and have gotten burned and this is their way of making sure they don't get hurt again, it still leaves scars.

Well, I am off to pack for my trip to KMEA.  The one of two times a year that I get to hang out with my own kind.  There is probably a reason why they don't let us music folk get together more than once or twice a year.   PARTY AT THE BROADVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment