Wednesday, June 30, 2010

New Orleans - Day 1

Water, water everywhere!!  Day one in New Orleans was spent dodging puddles and avoiding rainstorms.  We did find some dry moments to walk around the French Quarter and even took a carriage ride from Pierre, who seemed to know almost everyone.  The picture above is taken looking down Bourbon Street.  Strip clubs, bars, and art galleries.....strange combination, I know. 

I learned that in New Orleans you can carry alcohol with you on the street as long as it is not in glass.  We passed one place that had a carry out window just for drinks.  One of my favorite places I have seen has daquiries in slushie machines.  They have probably 10 machines all lined up.  I will try to take a picture and post later.

On the schedule for tomorrow is a swamp tour and maybe the WWII Museum.   

No comments:

Post a Comment