Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 in pictures

Baseball.....lots and lots of baseball.......
World famous tuba player, Patrick Sheridan, performs on the Winter Band Concert.

I pulled out the whistle and coached the 7th grade boys basketball team.  What a great group of guys!!  They improved so much throughout the season!

The Bombers had another good season.  They lost a really good group of seniors

By the time Stardusters came along, I already knew my position was being eliminated.  During the last playing of Stardust I just sat backstage and cried.  None of the kids knew at that time and they must of thought I had lost it.

My final concert.........

This year I had the opportunity to work with the State FFA Band where I got to meet this interesting young man.  He kept us entertained with his interesting playing style all week.

We took a trip to Minneapolis with some good friends.  As luck would have it the Royals were in town at the same time.

Another awesome Symphony in the Flint Hills!!!!!!

We got a lot of rain right before wheat harvest.  Here is a look at Milford by the boat ramps.  Notice the bathrooms on the left side of the photo?  They were eventually underwater.

Wheat harvest 2010.  Didn't plant as much wheat this year so it went pretty quick.  Luckily no major breakdowns!

Went to New Orleans for the NEA National Convention.  Along with going on a swampboat tour and seeing some alligators and getting to visit the 9th Ward, we also went to a little hole in the wall jazz place called Snug Harbor and got to see Ellis Marsalis.

Still did the color guard at the high school.  I had an awesome group of girls!!

Felt like I was a first year teacher all over again with teaching elementary music.  Here is some of my first graders writing quarter and eighth note rhythms.

Had a great Christmas with family.  Here is Uncle BBG wearing his gift from "Santa."       


No comments:

Post a Comment