Friday, August 6, 2010

Amazing what you find........

While in the process of setting up a new room I have made some very cool discoveries.

Discovery #1 - a box of flutophones that were probably used in the early 1960s.  There were some cases in the box and one name in particular that I recognized.  After doing a little research I discovered this person graduated from HS around 1970.  Not sure why you keep these things around for so long, but hey, an interesting history lesson none the less.

Discovery #2 - light switches on the side of the room that I have a key for.  This may not seem like a big unless you have ever had to navigate through a band room in the dark.  The dance lights, the sound system, the water fountain, the music rack and tubas have all had choice words directed at them and know my shins and shoulders intimately.  Oh, how I love the ugly big red door!!

Discovery #3 - a phone jack!  For the first time ever, I will have a telephone in my classroom!!

Discovery #4 - four, count them four sets of resonator bells.  While this probably does not excite you in the least, it is fairly exciting for me.  I'm kind of a dork like that.

2 comments:

  1. You are so right about the light switches. I have to shut off the light, then make my way over to the outside door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! I can't wait for the kids to go to music this year!

    ReplyDelete