Sunday, August 1, 2010

Randomness and a Heartfelt Tribute

I was perusing my iPhoto files and pulled a few random pictures.  Enjoy!
In honor of tomorrow's projected 100 degrees, remember when???

Ahh, Photo Booth, one of the greatest inventions ever, wouldn't you say?  I have not laughed as hard as the day we messed around with Photo Booth.  This is one of my particular favorites because the girls look like psycho squirrels (their words, not mine).




And finally, a shot with how I started my summer....... I got to spend a week working with the kids that made up the State FFA Band.  This is a picture of one of my students with a student from Peabody.

A Tribute to a Great Man.......

This week, music education in Kansas lost a great friend, colleague, and supporter with the death of Bob Marshall.  Bob was the band director at Peabody High School when I was in school.  He later went on to work at Senseney Music where he was the guru of everything band.  You could call Bob with your instrumentation and he could list 4 or 5 pieces that would work with your group right off the top of his head.  Bob was a huge help to me finding music for clinicians to play with our groups.  His wit, wisdom, and smiling face will be greatly missed.  RIP Bob, thy will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment