Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Not a Snow Day, Just a Late Start

No 4:30 phone calls today.  They called last night and said 2 hour late start.  I, however, had bus duty at school #1 so I could not go directly to school #2.  I was laying in bed listening to the cold weather advisory info on the radio and the fact that 5 minutes outside was enough to freeze your skin this morning.  Now bus duty is usually a 15 minute commitment so I was contemplating whether I could back my truck into the driveway by the bus stop so I could have protection from the elements.   Wouldn't you know it but my art teacher friend throughout the course of a few text messages suggested the exact same idea!  So I did my bus duty sitting in my truck (and I am frostbite free).

It was still kind of a long short day, but we survived.  The kids were excited that we got a hit from our 15th state on our school blog.  When I checked the traffic feed after school, I discovered we also had a look from Singapore today.  They are going to go absolutely insane tomorrow!  That makes our 4th international hit and it has given us a good chance to talk about where these countries are located.  I guess the social studies teacher in the house has worn off on me.

I didn't add this map to the school blog until November so some of our website hits aren't on here...........but still very COOL!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment