Monday, March 8, 2010

Paradox

There is an episode of the Simpsons where Bart cheats on an aptitude test and gets sent to a gifted school.  When Bart is asked to give an example of a paradox, he states "you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't."  This pretty much sums up my past year.  No matter what I do, it always seems to be the wrong thing.  I am admittedly a people pleaser, but when I try to take some time for myself it is considered selfish.  When I don't take some time for myself then relationships in my life seem to take a hit.  I wish balancing your life was as easy as balancing the checkbook.  That I can do.

The winds of change are blowing and the more I think about things the more I am beginning to recognize the positives.  Granted, there are still a few tough decisions to make but I'm going to try to not to dwell on them for right now.  We'll see where the wind takes us.

1 comment: