Monday, March 29, 2010

Stardusters

Today marked the official end of Stardusters.  What took us 2 plus weeks to assemble came down in less than two hours.  *sigh*

It was a good show.  It definitely had its moments.  Although considering that Wednesday night we were still struggling to play completely through a piece without stopping, Friday went exceptionally well.   I promised myself I was not going to cry during the show.  I would like to proudly proclaim--------I failed.  I was fine until the final notes of Stardust.  At that point there was nothing else for me to do, nothing to obsess over, nothing but think.  To be a part of something that has gone on for 68 years is amazing.  I got to contribute to that tradition for 9 years of my life.  I consider it a great honor and privledge and can only hope I have done it justice.  The coolest thing though is that Pauline has not missed a Stardusters yet (that I know of) and is one of the newest members of the Stardusters group on Facebook.  What an amazing lady!!!!!!

Our annual Starduster prank was a huge success.  We built a Johnny on the Spot and put it in the band office.  It is probably going to sit in the band room for a while, it is that stinkin' cool.  I'm sure it made the people that used the band room for forensics on Saturday wonder.  The best part of the prank was watching him obsess over having his vehicle locked all week and making a conscious effort to not turn his keys over to anyone.  I have to admit, the post it notes last year were a stroke of genius and probably the best prank, until this year. 



Lastly, I include a picture of my favorite photographer boy.  We were having a camera war one night at break.  We were basically ambushing people with our cameras and got some good and some not so good shots (you should see the trick under the leg shot!).

No comments:

Post a Comment