Monday, January 18, 2010

Beware the Fog....

No, not a reference to KU basketball although tonight may be one of the biggest games in K-State history.  Go Cats!!!!

This morning I went to Manhattan in search of a white erase basketball clipboard.  Once again, it was a very foggy morning.   It seems like we have been in a constant state of fog here lately.  It has made us all slow down and drive a bit more carefully.  It has left us with some beautiful frosted trees.  There is something about driving in the fog.  It makes you feel a little claustrophobic, but at the same time there is solitude when driving through a fog.  It is like getting to experience what it would be like to live in a cloud while still getting to have your feet firmly on the ground.

I really like driving, especially by myself.  I like to discover new roads and I rarely will go somewhere and then come back the same way.  I have taken every north-south paved road between here and my parents' house which drives my mom crazy.  "What if you had an accident?  No one would be able to find you."  My dad says my Grandpa was like that too. 

Anyway, I found the clipboard, found an unexpected treasure at the Dusty Bookshelf, and bought some purple baby stuff to send to a friend living in the heart of Buffalo country.  Then I drove home, a different way than the way I came, in the fog.

1 comment:

  1. So neat to think about foggy Kansas roads. I miss the country sometimes, and thinking about quiet mornings, all along, driving through the Flint Hills . . . aaaahhh! Ellie

    ReplyDelete